Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Grotto

























As I was doing my web browsing today (I'm in the habit of searching for random pictures), I found this precious little oddity. Despite its apparent eccentricity, I could appreciate certain elements of the overall design. This is a room that evokes nature, and I am not just refering to the clearly dominating flora in the lower level. With its curves in the furniture and even the rounded walls, few sharp corners can found in the room. Also take notice of the lighting system- rather than electric lighting systems, the elipse-shaped skylights allow natural sunlight to permeate the room. The stained glass makes for a perfect finishing touch and adds a bit of color.

To attempt such a room is a challenge, so I give major kudos to the designers who have successfully pulled it off. So remember, when choosing a design for a room, your possibilities can be as open as you are willig and able to make them. Nothing is impossible.

Image source: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30krn1e&s=3

No comments:

Post a Comment